18 July 2006

tomes & tunes

I've broken a cardinal rule - I'm reading three books at once. Well, not actually at the same time - that would be like Mad Libs on crack - but they're all next to my bed, bookmarks embedded, marking where I was when I grabbed the next book.

Don Quixote
Love in the Time of Cholera
Almost Like a Whale - an updated Origin of the Species

Blues and classical music fill the Belfry at the moment. Again, not at the same time.

Stevie Ray Vaughn and Albert King's In Session (Live)
BB King's King of the Blues
Orff, Carmena Burana
Vivaldi & Bach, Gloria in D - Magnificat in D
KT Tunstall's Acoustic Extravaganza and back to the beginning again.

On an unrelated note, today I shut the blinds on the skylights in the Belfry. Seven years of higher education and it occurs to me only after weeks of slow-roasting that shutting the blinds just might help cool things down.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love in the Time of Cholera was good and all, but someone please tell me WHY he has to refer to everyone by their full name all the time? Am I the only one who found that obnoxious? It just made everything seem stilted.

Maybe I better get used to it...it's 105 degrees here today with 75% humidity, so we'll probably all be getting cholera soon, and then it'll be all "oh hello, David Johnson, do you have that file I needed? Nice to see you, Theresa Sterling, is that a new shirt?" And there'll be a bunch of octagenarians running around having sex. *


*This will make no sense since you haven't read the book yet. Spoiler-Gabriel loves him some hot grandparent-on-grandparent action. You are warned.

Richard said...

I had a feeling there would be some sort of hot OAP action.

And I don't mind the full name thing. It reminds me of Inigo Montoya, and that can only be a good thing.