26 August 2005

Black & White

So - I got my first black and white film back. I can't decide whether to be pleased or not. About 10 of the 36 pics were ok. This is a shot of the pier in the morning sun. I was on my way to work. The next is a polo action shot that came out fairly well. I only took it in black and white because that was what film was in the camera. It was a pretty grey day, so not much for contrast. The next couple of shots are pure light and texture experiments, taken at Naughton. I think I'm happy with these because I got what I meant to get, or as close to it as possible.
The people shots didn't come out as well as I'd been hoping. In fact, I'm convinced that I have no idea what I'm doing, but I like this, even though it's not as sharp as it probably should be.

No comments: