07 February 2006

Worth a revisit

Been listening to Portishead for the first time in ages. Chick's got a pair of lungs on her, that's for sure. Well worth a revisit. Beforehand I was listening to some classic Aretha. So I think I'm in a women-with-incredible-voices kind of mood. Might have some Ella next. After that? Lisa Ekdahl maybe? Or if the need is raw, perhaps some Janis Joplin. That might be the way to go. There's something about having the great and genius at my fingertips, just to sing for me, that's heartwarming. A harmless trip of ego.

Dunno.

I was going to post a bunch of pics from the party I was at last weekend, but instead have posted them elsewhere. Here's a link if you want to check them out.

My nose twitches no longer. Off to pick my phone up tomorrow. Much writing to be done.

Really like this pic - winter light can be magical. This is my street looking west.

No comments: