29 October 2008

a wee note

Just a small note to let everyone know that recovery proceeds apace. My flat doesn't have broadband, so updates are coming from my iPhone. I spend most of my days lying on my back, listening to stand-up (Izzard and Connolly mostly), resting my eyes. It seems to be working. I drink lapsang souchong tea during the day and allow myself a beer or two at night. I sleep a lot. Toast forms the cornerstone of my diet, with various toppings. I snack on apples and bananas, I've cooked once and I've perfected showering without getting my left eye wet. Bright light bothers me and I wear sunglasses a lot of the time. We don't have a tv at the moment, but I couldn't see it anyway if we did. Friends have helped a bunch, from just being company to running errands, to bringing much-missed coffee. I'm feeling better, slowly but surely, and look forward to crystal sight, taking pictures, scribbling words, tasting wine and settling into the new (old) flat.

No comments: