13 May 2008

this morning

The Sox dropped 3 of 4 to Minnesota. 

That's the first thing I knew this morning. I checked on my phone, still in bed. More asleep than awake. The birds out the window chattered against a dull grey backdrop. It was 440. 

I went back to sleep. 

St Andrews is trying desperately to skip Spring and get straight to Summer. Mornings like this don't help. There's a lazy chill thrown to shore by the sea. 

The sun's come out now though. There's a new restaurant around the corner to try. Lunch beckons. 

I'm writing, editing and selling the odd bottle of wine. 

The Sox lost. I can live with that. 

It's a long season, and the better for it. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how was the restaurant? Isabel and I walked by there today but there was no obvious menu to look over.

Richard said...

The new restaurant is excellent- good value lunch, though the soup is a bit pointless.