08 June 2006

lawn ornaments

It's Summer, and with the season comes groovy culture in every nook and cranny. Some is obscure, hidden in odd galleries and discovered only with perseverence, luck and ingenuity. Others are signposted by 30 ft tall pregnant women in bronze. Today I attended the latter.

The pics are from the forecourt at the Royal Academy.

Virgin with Child by Damien Hirst Sir Joshua Reynolds all decked out in his summer gear.

I can't remember the artist or the name of the piece, but I liked it because it reminded me of climbing behind and under the bleachers at the little league fields on Beacon Hill when I was knee-high to a grasshopper.


I also went to see X-Men 3 this afternoon. Good popcorn fun - leave your brain at the door.

And apparently my running attire is a fashion nightmare. Who'd have thought?

No comments: