26 April 2006

chariots of maybe not fire

It's my own fault. I didn't want to take too long of a break from exercising. So I figured I'd run while I'm up in Scotland. None of the wussy sprints I used to attempt on East Sands but three-mile endurance jogs on quite a hilly route. In fact, the final half of the run is almost entirely uphill. Now, most people with a modicum of physical fitness will roll their eyes at this pittance of an attempt at fitness, but me? Well, let's just say I haven't run this sort of distance in about 12 or 13 years. And I didn't do it too often then. And how do I feel? Well, I walk as though my legs are made of crystal and it's shattering, my calves burn no matter how much I stretch and my thighs need marinating. But I feel good about myself. It's a quantum leap from using a machine to exercise to actually going out and running. I kind of like it. I'm not sure my body does though.

No comments: