18 August 2005

Video killed the radio star...

Got an email from Broomy today, full of chat & nonsense which is an excellent way to start the day. It seems Australia is agreeing with him and he's agreeing with Australia.

Went to watch some polo last night but instead got rained on and observed how filthy a mood everyone was in. And yes, I just ended a sentence with a preposition. Deal. I'm sure it was tension caused by the pitches being in a calamatous state and the big event just 3 days away. There were some harsh words said by people who should know better. It upset some people who are so genuinely good that it angered me. I'm not mentioning names because it's not my fight but people should know when to step back and keep their mouth shut. That, however, is something that I often screw up, so I acknowledge my hypocrisy.

So we didn't stick around for the BBQ - we went back to Naughton, cooked some amazing burgers that Lil made, some nice Woodall's sausages and drank champagne. It had the cheering effect we were hoping for and I went to bed with a smile on my face.

Pete: "Kirsty, come to the polo - you don't even have to go to the ball if you don't want."
Kirsty: "We'll see."
Me: "Can I not go to the ball?!"
Pete: "No; you're coming."

I've also been told I have to be the face of my company at the corporate hospitality luncheon. Free lunch and champagne - sort of the same as last year except none of my mates will be at my table and I'll have to talk shop on what should be the first day of my holiday. All of my mates will be enjoying a BBQ and behaving as they feel fit. I sound ungrateful and I should feel lucky and all that but I really would just rather chill out in jeans and a t-shirt. Whatever. In the grand scheme of things it ranks up there with... well, something pretty fucking unimportant. Like Tesco running out of soya milk or something. I'll have a fantastic time regardless.

So. I'm going to be on radio tonght. A friend of mine has an internet radio station and I'll be on it, with my flatmate. Talking about wine. I have a feeling it's going to be tongue-in-cheek. Here's hoping. The show goes out at 9pm BST. Tune in if you want to put a voice to the blog. I'll be the American one. You should listen to it every Thursday anyway, as the music is brilliant and the chat hysterical. Quite a few celebrity guests as well, my chat not included.

No comments: