22 April 2005

More illness.

Well, a bit's changed since my last post.

Ok, not much really.

First of all, I'm sick again. This time it's a chest infection. Now, for those of you who only know me through this blog, it will seem as though I'm a bit of a hypochondriac. I can understand that. I've only posted 5 times now and 2 of those have centered around me being unwell. Well, let me assure you all that this is not the case. I am rarely sick; indeed these last few months have been more sickly for me than the last 10 years. Which is concerning as I think my general lifestyle is actually a great deal healthier than it was 10 years ago. 10 years ago I was drunk every day and chain-smoked any cigarettes I could get my hands on. The vast majority of my exercise was lifting the next pint to my lips. My diet tended to be deep fried, battered and saturated, regardless of what the original foodstuff was. Now I don't smoke (over 3 years now), my drinking is held in check, my diet has improved considerably, I've been training for a rugby 7s tournament for the last 2 months, I think I've lost about a stone and a half (over the last 18 months) and I'm suffering from the bloody plague.

I think this is a point where one should stop trying to read too much meaning into one's circumstances. Were I to take this as some sort of indicator as to my behaviour, I would immediately regress to my state 10 years ago. And no one wants that, I assure you. So my slow regime of self-improvement will continue, and I will allow my sense of irony to revel in the occasional misfortune that falls in my path. Besides, the rugby's tomorrow... but that's another post.

No comments: